Try your hand at our New Year’s quiz. Look out for other instalments, and the answers to this one.
Christmas in Europe
- In which country did the Christmas tree tradition begin?
- What did Joseph Mohr write and Franz Xaver Gruber compose in 1818 in the small town of Oberndorf bei Salzburg
- In Poland on Christmas Eve people won’t start their supper until…
- How many courses has a traditional Christmas Eve meal in Poland?
- In which country do leave your shoes with a carrot inside by the fire and what date? 2 points
- Where would you find the Opal coast? Why is it called that? 2 points
- Name the two similar sounding places on either side of the Straits of Dover/Pas-de-Calais
- What is the link between car windscreen wipers and a town in Belgium?